Boyfriend saves girlfriend, her family from carbon monoxide poisoning

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A quick-thinking Antioch boy saved his girlfriend and her family this morning after the family passed out from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The older daughter called her boyfriend just before 6 a.m. to say something was wrong.

He arrived at the house along Bowles Rd and saw the father inside unconscious on the floor, according to the police chief.  He then called 911.

Inside the home, carbon monoxide levels were six times that of what could be deadly. The mom, dad, their two daughters and the family dog were all inside unconscious.

“They were barely breathing but they were not speaking with us, not alert, not oriented,” said Chief John Nixon.

Carbon monoxide, a colorless, odorless but deadly gas poured out of a malfunctioning boiler used to heat the home. There were no carbon monoxide detectors inside the home therefore they didn’t get any warning.

Crews gave the family oxygen.  They were saved by fast acting emergency crews and an even faster boyfriend who came to help when it was needed most.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s