Now available in the frozen section in Chicago retailers including, Jewel Osco, Pete’s Market, Tony's Fresh Market, Walt's Food Center and more. SIMEK'S Lasagna coming soon to Chicagoland Target stores.
For every SIMEK’S product sold, one meal is donated to the local Feeding America food bank, serving the community where the purchase was made. SIMEK’S anticipates donating 1.5 million meals by the end of 2018.
Sweet and Sour Kabobs
1 pkg Original Meatballs
1 jar of Sweet ‘N Sour Sauce
1 pineapple, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 large green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 large red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 onion, cut into wedges (or other vegetables of your choice)
10 or more skewers
- Thaw meatballs for approximately 45 minutes.
- Slide meatballs, pineapple and vegetables onto skewers.
- Lightly oil the grill grate, brush sauce on kabobs and place on the prepared grill.
- Grill over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
- Brush kabobs with sauce while grilling and remember to turn kabobs often to prevent burning.
- For added zest, marinate kabobs in Sweet ‘N Sour Sauce in the refrigerator overnight before cooking.
*This can be done in a grill pan on the stove.
Korean BBQ Meatball Lettuce Wraps
½ (22oz) bag of SIMEK’S Original Meatballs (roughly 22 meatballs)
Lettuce (bib or butter)
Chopped red chilis (optional)
Korean BBQ Sauce
1 cup Soy sauce – low sodium version
¾ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp ginger
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp gochujang paste (Korean chili paste)
¼ tsp red chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp water
- Prepare Korean BBQ in pan by adding soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, vinegar, sesame oil, gochujang paste, red chili powder, salt and pepper in non-stick saucepan. Cook on medium heat and bring to boil
- Separately, mix together cornstarch and water and add to the boiling sauce.
- Heat meatball in separate pan until heated through. Once heated, add to sauce mixture pan.
- Reduce heat and let meatballs and sauce simmer for a few minutes.
- While meatballs and sauce are simmering, prepare lettuce wraps by separating leaves from head of lettuce.
- Once meatballs and sauce are heated, place 3-4 meatballs per lettuce and garnish with sliced carrots, sliced cucumbers, cilantro and chopped red chilis.
To help launch Simek’s arrival in Chicagoland, three all-star lifestyle social media influencers will create their own dynamic recipe using Simek’s frozen meatballs at an event on June 27 at Kinzie on the Rocks (370 N. Des Plaines). Event guests will stop by each influencer’s “station” for a taste of their recipe and will do a tasting to vote for their favorite creation! Simek’s will also provide passed bites, highlighting some of their top entertaining recipes that star a selection from their available meatball varieties.
Link for the event - Pass the Plate: Chicago - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pass-the-plate-chicago-tickets-46777817712