5 students hospitalized after ingesting unknown substance

CHICAGO -- Paramedics rushed five students out of Chicago’s Clemente High School today on the northwest side.

Classmates tell WGN News the sick kids ate brownies laced with marijuana.

The students are expected to be ok.

Police and school officials are investigating.

The principal sent a note to parents saying those kids ingested an unknown substance, and that moving forward there would be absolutely no baked goods or outside food for sharing.