Meet Hungry Girl chef and best selling cook book author Meet Lisa Lillien tonight!
Thursday Sept. 14th
1670 Checker Rd
Long Grove, IL 60047
Phone: (847) 537-1771
Tickets $18 admission/$32 admission w/ book
Squash-Crust Cheese Pizza
1/2 of recipe (1 pizza): 277 calories, 11.5g total fat (7g sat fat), 755mg sodium, 22.5g carbs, 5.5g fiber, 14.5g sugars, 23.5g protein
You’ll Need: baking sheet, parchment paper, box or hand grater, large microwave-safe bowl, fine-mesh strainer, clean dish towel (or paper towels), medium bowl
Prep: 20 minutes • Cook: 45 minutes • Cool: 10 minutes
13/4 pounds (about 4 medium) yellow squash
1/4 cup egg whites (about 2 large eggs’ worth)
1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/8 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Using the shredder side of a box or hand grater (the one with larger holes), shred squash into a large microwavesafe bowl. Cover and microwave for 3 minutes.
3. Uncover and stir. Re-cover and microwave for another 3 minutes, or until hot and soft.
4. Transfer squash to a fine-mesh strainer to drain. Let cool for 10 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
5. Using a clean dish towel (or paper towels), firmly press out as much liquid as possible—there will be a lot.
6. Return squash to the large bowl, and add remaining crust ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
7. Divide crust mixture into two circles on the baking sheet, each about 1/4 inch thick and 7 inches in diameter.
8. Bake until the tops have browned, about 30 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir seasonings into crushed tomatoes.
10. Spread seasoned tomatoes over the crusts, leaving 1/2-inch borders. Top with mozzarella and basil.
11. Bake until cheese has melted and crust is crispy, 5 to 7 minutes.
MAKES 2 SERVINGS