Official Rules WGN-TV “2017 PowerShares Series Tennis” Tickets LIKE US/LOVE IT GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES
1. TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter.
To enter, log on to wgntv.com/contest and click on the “PowerShares Series Tennis” contest logo, then (optional) click the link to the WGN-TV Facebook page. If you already have a Facebook account, log on using your user name and password, ‘like’ our page, then go to the “PowerShares Series Tennis” tab. Fill out the entry form with your name, e-mail address, and phone number.
Limit one entry per person. All entries become the property of WGN-TV. WGN-TV is not responsible for entries that are lost, incomplete, garbled, corrupted, late, or misdirected, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit/receive Internet entries. Entries become the property of WGN and will not be returned. WGN is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical or wireless difficulties or inability to transmit Internet or text entries. WGN reserves the right to cancel or extend the contest if insufficient amount of entries are submitted.
2. ENTRY DEADLINE: The contest runs from May 2, 2017 – May, 4 2017 at noon.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: On May 4, 2017 around noon, one (1) winner will be randomly selected by WGN-TV from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified by e-mail or telephone. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Winners must respond to notification within twenty-four (24) hours after the notification is sent or that winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be drawn at random from among the remaining eligible entries. Entrants agree that WGN-TV has the sole right to determine the winner of the contest and all matters or disputes arising from the contest and that its determination is final and binding. Only one winner will be awarded per household.
4. THE PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be chosen. The winner will receive: Two (2) tickets to “PowerShares Series Tennis” on May 17 at the UIC Pavilion and two tickets to the VIP Player Party (ARV: $1,700).
The prize will be forfeited if the winner fails to claim prize by deadline, fails to execute the prepared forms of release and waiver, or if the selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules. Winner must provide photo ID to claim prize. Prizes are not assignable, transferable or redeemable for cash. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner, who will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting the actual value of the prize, if the prize value exceeds $600.
5. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
a. This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of Tribune Company, Chicago Theatre and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising/promotion agencies are not eligible to participate.
b. Entrants must be legal residents of Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, LaSalle, Lake, McHenry and Will counties in Illinois, and Jasper, LaPorte, Lake, Newton and Porter Counties in Indiana who are 18 years and older at the time of entry.
c. Winners who have won a prize from WGN-TV since December 4, 2016 are ineligible and will be disqualified.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
a. Use of winner’s name: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to the Contest Sponsors, their agents and licensees, to use the entrant’s name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material for promotional purposes in connection with the contest.
b. Execution of Affidavit and Release: By entering, each entrant agrees that if selected as the winner, he/she will sign a release and waiver of liability. The prize will be forfeited and awarded to another entrant if the winner does not execute the prepared form of release and waiver within thirty days of the contest, or if the selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules.
c. Release of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release Contest Sponsors from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from their participation in the contest, or their receipt or use of the contest prize, and any contest-related travel or activity.
d. Prize Substitutions: No substitute prizes are available; however, Contest Sponsors may, at their discretion, substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the prize becomes unavailable for any reason, WGN-TV reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value.
7. INTERNET/FORCE MAJEURE: If for any reason, this contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the contest, WGN-TV reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Contest or any portion of the Contest. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST. Information submitted in Internet entries, including entrant’s name, address, e-mail address, etc, shall become the property of WGN-TV, and may be used by WGN-TV for marketing or promotional purposes. Contest shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Illinois law, excluding choice of law provisions.
9. COPY OF RULES: A copy of the rules is available at WGNtv.com or by sending an envelope to: WGN-TV “PowerShares Series Tennis” OFFICIAL RULES, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618 until June 4, 2017.
10. WINNERS LIST: Can be obtained by sending an envelope to WGN-TV “PowerShares Series Tennis” Winner’s List, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618 after May 4 and before June 4, 2017.