Atzimba Catering and Events
4726 N. Kildare
St. Jude Four Stars of Chicago Restaurant Extravaganza
Sheraton Grand Chicago
301 E. North Water Street
For more information:
Pastel 3 Leches Relleno de Fresa y Envinado con Rompope
9 eggs yolks
9 eggs whites
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup of sugar
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 cup of sour cream
1 cup of condensed milk
1 cup of evaporated milk
1 cup rompope (eggnog)
1 lb. of strawberries
2 cups of heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons of powder sugar
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees – grease a 10” round or square metal baking pan with butter and sprinkle a little flour.
- Beat the eggs yolks for 5 minutes then add 1 cup of sugar. Separately, combine dry ingredients in a bowl (flour and baking powder).
- Beat eggs whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold eggs yolks into the dry ingredients and eggs whites
- Pour mixture into the baking pan. Bake at 330 degrees for 40 minutes. Let it cool for 20 minutes.
- Blend the sour cream, condensed milk, evaporated milk and rompope in a blender.
- Cut cake in half horizontally and pour the milk mixture on both cake halves
- In a bowl beat the heavy cream with the powder sugar.
Build the cake by placing the cream in the middle of the cake and then frost the cake with cream. Add strawberries for flavor and décor.