OAK FOREST, Ill. – No one was injured but a suburban home was destroyed in a fire Friday.
The Markham Fire Department responded to the home at 16332 Kedvale in Oak Forest just before 4 p.m.
neighbors shot video with their cell phones while firefighters worked to get the flames under control. Fire crews work to put out the fire though it proved difficult, they say, because the street did not have hydrants.
The arson task force is investigating what caused the fire and what caused several subsequent explosions.
The Chicago Tribune is reporting fireworks caused the explosion but officials have not confirming that. There was a propane tank inside as well as some ammunition.
Neighbors say the man who owns this home also built the home.
The family lost their pets; two exotic birds, three dogs and two cats.
Investigators remain on the scene.