Father claims battery on child’s tablet exploded

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.


COLFAX, Calif. -- A father is warning other parents about what he calls an exploding tablet.

Mike Tanza's son received the Orbo Junior Tablet for Christmas two years ago.

He took the tablet out of a closet this week to give to his baby daughter.

Tanza said the battery expanded so much it broke the tablet and left battery acid on the screen.

Tanza says he contacted the seller through Amazon and was told it was too late to get his money back.

But he feels they missed the point.

The manufacturer of the tablet has not commented on the report.