Bulls Game Notes For Wednesday vs. LA Lakers
* Chicago has won nine of its last 11 games versus the Lakers, including five in a row at home. The last time the Lakers won on the road against Chicago was a 96-87 victory on December 15, 2009.
* The Lakers are only 2-19 (.095) playing on zero days rest since the start of the 2015-16 season, the second worst mark in the league ahead of only the 76ers at 1-22 (.043).
* Five different Bulls (Taj Gibson – 7.9, Robin Lopez – 7.8, Jimmy Butler – 6.6, Rajon Rondo – 6.6, and Nikola Mirotic – 5.5) are averaging 5.0+ rebounds per game. No other team has more than four such players (min. 70% of team games played).
* The Lakers’ bench is averaging 52.4 points per game this season, more than any team’s bench since at least the 1985-86 season.
* Rajon Rondo dished out 10 assists in Friday’s 105-89 win against the 76ers – the Bulls have yet to lose this season (3-0) when Rondo is able to reach double-digit assists.
* Nick Young, who left last night’s game with an Achilles injury, has improved his field-goal percentage from 33.9 percent last season to 45.8 percent this season. His improvement of 11.9 percent is second in the NBA to only Nik Stauskas’ improvement of 12.7 percent (from 38.5 percent to 51.2 percent) (min. 50% of team games played and 5.0 FGA/game each season).