Blackhawks Game Notes For Tuesday vs. Florida
* Although these teams split a pair of games last season, the Panthers did shut out Chicago in the most recent meeting last January, 4-0. That victory ended an eight-game winning streak by the Blackhawks in the series.
* The Panthers squandered a 2-0 lead while losing at Carolina on Sunday, 3-2. However, Florida has not dropped consecutive games since losing three in a row between October 25 and October 29.
* The Blackhawks’ penalty-kill percentage is 24.3 points higher in their wins (81.0, 34-for-42) than losses (56.7, 17-for-30) this season. That differential is the largest in the league.
* Roberto Luongo is 16-13-4 in his career versus Chicago. The 16 victories are one behind Pekka Rinne (17-14-4) for the most by any active goaltender. The last time he faced the Blackhawks (1/22/2016), Luongo shut them out for the fifth time in his career (most among actives).
* Jaromir Jagr enters Tuesday’s action tied with Chris Chelios for fifth place on the NHL’s all-time list with 1651 career games played. If he plays against the Blackhawks, Jagr will match Mark Recchi (1652) for the fourth-most games in NHL history.
* Patrick Kane, who scored the Blackhawks’ lone goal on Saturday, is averaging a point per game in 2016-17. Still, Kane’s scoring pace this season (8 goals, 15 assists and 23 points) is far behind his totals (13-22-35) through his first 23 games of 2015-16.