Mother and daughter found dead in Plainfield home, carbon monoxide poisoning suspected

PLAINFIELD -- A mother and her adult daughter were found dead in suburban Plainfield in what appears to be a tragic case of carbon monoxide poisoning Monday.

Co-workers called for a well-being check Monday morning when one of them didn't show up at work. Police found Denise Carlini, 65, and her daughter Morgan Becker, 29, unresponsive inside the home in the 12700 block of Shelly Lane. They were pronounced dead just after 11 a.m.

Will County Coroner Patrick K. O'Neil confirmed they were likely killed by carbon monoxide poisoning. Officers saw toys and searched for children, but no one else was inside.

Five officers who searched the house were overcome by fumes and treated at a local hospital.

This is a developing story. Check back here for more details.