50 E. Walton
To purchase a copy of the book:
4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
50 E. Walton Street
8 bottoms of a dark chocolate cupcake (or other cupcakes of choice broken into large pieces)
2/3 cup cream cheese frosting or frosting of your choice
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (pre-sifted)
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cupcake bottoms and frosting on low until just combined ( 1 minute). Using 1 heaping tablespoon at a time, use your hands to roll the mixture into 1-inch balls. Set the truffles on a baking sheet until firm, 30 minutes to 1 hour. Place the cocoa in a shallow bowl or rimmed baking sheet and roll the truffles in the cocoa to coat. Set aside and serve.
How to Frost A Cupcake
1. Hold a cupcake lightly at its base with your fingertips, beware of the death grip. Squeezing a freshly baked cupcake may crush it.
2. Using a spatula, scoop a heaping dollop of frosting on top of the cupcake.
3. Pat the frosting down and smooth the edges using a back-and-forth motion with the back side of the spatula blade.
4. Spin the spatula’s blade around the circumference of the cupcake top moving the frosting toward you as you turn the cupcake away from you.
5. Remove excess frosting from the blade by scraping it on to the edge of your frosting bowl and repeat. The less you work the frosting, the cleaner it looks.