Blackhawks Game Notes For Tuesday vs. Calgary
* Although the Flames defeated Chicago, 3-2, in a shootout last week, the Blackhawks have come away with points in each of their last 13 games against Calgary (8-0-5). The active streak is the third longest in any NHL series.
* The Flames’ three-game winning streak ended with a 3-1 home loss to Washington on Sunday. Calgary has surrendered at least one power-play goal in eight of 10 games and currently sports a penalty-kill percentage of 72.1, the third lowest in the NHL.
* Chicago’s penalty-kill unit has been even worse, with a percentage (53.1) that ranks last in the league. But the Blackhawks did successfully kill both opponent power-play opportunities in a 3-0 shutout of Los Angeles on Sunday, making it the first game Chicago didn’t allow any goals while shorthanded this season.
* Flames goaltender Brian Elliott has fashioned an .848 save percentage in the opening period of games this season, but has gotten sharper thereafter, posting a .921 save percentage from the second period on.
* Patrick Kane has registered points in 14 of his last 15 games against the Flames, including each of the past six. And in 32 career games versus Calgary, Kane has averaged over a point per game (37 points).
* Artem Anisimov stretched his scoring streak to seven games, the longest of his 498-game career, with a goal on Sunday. He’s totaled six goals, five assists and a +9 rating over the seven games.