“Blain’s Farm & Fleet Sweepstakes”
OFFICIAL WGN-TV RULES
1. TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter. Go to one of the seven participating Blain’s Farm & Fleet Chicagoland locations; Kankakee, Montgomery, Romeoville, Ottawa, Woodstock, Elgin, & Sycamore. Once in the store, look for the KEYWORD provided at those locations. Entrant may enter through the one of the two ways listed below.
A. TEXT MESSAGING: Send a text message to 97999 the KEYWORD provided on location at Blain’s Farm & Fleet in the body of the message. All entrants must have a text messaging system with two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the Contest using the text message method. Entrants will be sent a text message to confirm entry into the Contest. Entrants entering by text will be charged standard text messaging rates for text messages sent and received from their handset according to the terms and conditions in their wireless calling plans. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas.
B. ALTERNATE FORM OF ENTRY: To enter, participants who wish to enter the contest but are unable to text the KEYWORD, they must go to one of the seven Blain’s Farm & Fleet locations. They will be handed information that will enable them to enter the KEYWORD via a URL.
Entries become the property of WGN and will not be returned. WGN is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical or wireless difficulties or inability to transmit Internet or text entries. Any entry without the proper keyword will be disqualified. WGN reserves the right to cancel or extend the contest if insufficient amount of entries are submitted. Blain’s Farm & Fleet is not responsible for the administration of the Promotion, the collection of entries, or the selection of winners.
2. ENTRY DEADLINE: The contest runs on Thursday, October 20, 2016 to Saturday, October 22, 2016 at the seven Blain’s Farm & Fleet Chicagoland locations that are participating in this sweepstakes: Kankakee, Montgomery, Romeoville, Ottawa, Woodstock, Elgin, & Sycamore.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: On or around October 24, 2016, one (1) entry will be drawn randomly from all entries and be deemed the Grand Prize Winner, subject to eligibility verification. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries who have entered the KEYWORD. Winners will be notified by e-mail or phone. If a Winner does not come forward or cannot be found within Seventy- two (72) hours of e-mail notification or is otherwise found to be ineligible, then another Winner shall be chosen in a second random drawing from all remaining eligible entries from that day. Entrants agree that WGN-TV has the sole right to determine the winner of the contest and all matters or disputes arising from the contest and that its determination is final and binding. Only one winner will be awarded per household. Entrants cannot enter through both the URL link and via texting. Grand Prize Winner will be able to pick up Prize package at WGN-TV Studios located at 2501 W. Bradley Place. Chicago, IL, 60618.
4. THE PRIZES:
One (1) Grand Prize is available. The Grand Prize consists of: a trip for two (2) to Nashville, Tennessee. The Grand Prize Winner will win a three (3) day and two (2) night stay at a 3-Star Hotel located in Nashville. The Prize winner will also receive a $400 Amex gift card for travel and entertainment (ARV: $400); roundtrip coach airfare for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest from a major airport near Chicago, IL to Nashville; and hotel accommodations for the Grand Prize winner and his or her travel companion at a Nashville area hotel as determined by Prize Provider in its sole discretion (one room, double occupancy, room and tax only). Any other costs associated with acceptance or use of the Grand Prize is at the Grand Prize winner’s and their guest’s sole expense, including, but not limited to, any ground transportation associated with the Grand Prize, rental car(s), parking fees, gasoline, tolls, food and beverages and airport taxes. All details of the Grand Prize (including but not limited to any anticipated dates and times) are subject to change at Prize Provider’s sole discretion. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $2,400. The ARV represents Prize Provider’s and Sponsor’s good faith determination of the actual fair market value and is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event that a stated ARV is more than the actual fair market value, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. The Grand Prize is non-transferable and no substitution or cash equivalents will be made except as provided herein at the Prize Provider’s sole discretion. Prize Provider reserves the right to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value, if the Grand Prize should become unavailable for any reason.
The Grand Prize winner’s travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older, or if such travel companion is under the age of majority in his or her state of residence (a “minor”), the Grand Prize winner must be such minor’s parent or legal guardian, or travel with the written permission of such parent or legal guardian in form and substance acceptable to sponsor in its sole discretion. The Grand Prize winner and his or her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary and must possess all required travel documents if and as applicable, and comply with any applicable hotel check-in requirements, such as presentation of a major credit card. All aspects of the travel portions of the Grand Prize must be conducted on such dates as determined by Prize Provider in its sole discretion. The dates of departure and return are subject to change at Prize Provider’s sole discretion. Trip must be used by October 24, 2017. Airfare does not include government taxes, Passenger Facility Charge or September 11th Security Fee which are the winner’s sole responsibility to pay. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. Other travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. All airline tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Prize Provider reserves the right to structure travel routes and select hotels in its sole discretion. The ARV for travel prizes is an estimate made before the Sweepstakes begins. The Grand Prize winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. The round trip air transportation element for any travel prize begins and ends at the point of departure. No interest will be awarded on cash prizes. Other hotel fees are not included and if applicable may be payable at the time of check-out by the winner/guest. A deposit or payment in advance, or presentation of a credit card by the Grand Prize winner, may be required at the time of check-in at the hotel. Any hotel cancellations or changes to hotel reservations after confirmation must be made with the hotel directly, and the Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for any charges and/or fees arising from changes made directly with the hotel. In the event the Grand Prize winner and/or his or her travel companion engages in behavior that, as determined by Promotion Entities in its sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send the Grand Prize winner and/or his or her travel companion home with no further compensation.
5. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
a. This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of WGN-TV, Blain’s Farm & Fleet and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising/promotion agencies are not eligible to participate.
b. Entrants must be legal residents of Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, LaSalle, Lake, McHenry and Will counties in Illinois, and Jasper, LaPorte, Lake, Newton and Porter Counties in Indiana who are 21 years and older at the time of entry
c. Winners who have won a prize from WGN-TV since April 24, 2016 are ineligible and will be disqualified.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
a. Use of winner’s name: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to the Contest Sponsors, their agents and licensees, to use the entrant’s name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material for promotional purposes in connection with the contest.
b. Execution of Affidavit and Release: By entering, each entrant agrees that if selected as the winner, he/she will sign a release and waiver of liability. The prize will be forfeited and awarded to another entrant if the winner does not execute the prepared form of release and waiver within thirty days of the contest, or if the selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules.
c. Release of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release Contest Sponsors from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from their participation in the contest, or their receipt or use of the contest prize, and any contest-related travel or activity.
d. Prize Substitutions: No substitute prizes are available; however, Contest Sponsors may, at their discretion, substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the prize becomes unavailable for any reason, WGN-TV reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value.
7. INTERNET/FORCE MAJEURE: If for any reason, this contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the contest, WGN-TV reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Contest or any portion of the Contest. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST. Information submitted in Internet entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail address, etc, shall become the property of WGN-TV, and may be used by WGN-TV for marketing or promotional purposes. Contest shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Illinois law, excluding choice of law provisions.
9. COPY OF RULES: A copy of the rules is available at WGNtv.com or by sending an envelope to: WGN-TV “Blain’s Farm & Fleet Nashville Contest” Rules, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618, or go to http://www.wgntv.com.
10. WINNERS LIST: Can be obtained by sending an envelope to WGN-TV “Blain’s Farm & Fleet Sweepstakes” Winner List, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618 after October 24, 2016 and before November 24, 2016.
11. SPONSOR: WGN-TV, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618, Blain’s Farm & Fleet. Janesville, WI.