CHICAGO — Revolution Brewery is announcing its first ever recall, covering more than 10,000 barrels of beer.
The affected beer is safe to drink, but does not meet the company’s standard for quality and taste.
Much of it has already been consumed.
A wild yeast used in the brewing process is to blame.
Batches ofAnti Hero IPA, Fist City Pale Ale, Cross of Gold Ale, Mosaic Hero IPA, Eugene Porter and Unsessionable Imperial IPA are included in the recall.
The affected beers have the following dates, which can be found on can bottoms, bottle labels and kegs:
- Anti Hero IPA: 8-5-16 to 10-11-16
- Fist City Pale Ale: 8-11-16 to 9-26-16
- Cross of Gold Ale: 8-23-16
- Mosaic Hero IPA: 8-16-16 to 9-8-16
- Eugene Porter: 8-3-16 to 10-6-16
- Unsessionable Imperial IPA: 9-27-16 to 10-7-16
Customers can exchange their beer for fresh brews at the brewery on North Kedzie.