WGN-TV has an immediate opening for a Per Diem Transmission Control/Robotic Camera engineer to work in a dynamic broadcast environment. In this multirole position, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing transmission, reception and recording of signals from remote broadcasts. This candidate must be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge of satellite downlink/uplink parameters, quality control and the ability to troubleshoot transmission issues finding solutions under tight deadlines.
In addition, you will be responsible for operating remotely controlled robotic cameras during live news broadcasts and recorded studio productions. This person will be responsible for correctly positioning and framing shots and for camera “shading” and color correction. Depending on production requirements you will work solo or with other engineers in performing these duties. You must thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing collaborative environment with constant deadline pressure.
Interested candidate must be a team player. Other engineering experience a plus in areas of news production (TD, Audio), Steadicam or Air Control.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Five years of experience in professional live broadcast operations (radio/TV/cable) required.
- You must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with television audio/video routing systems is required.
- This position requires correct evaluation of picture color and tone. The ability to distinguish colors is critical.
- Experience with satellite operations (sat truck operator, uplink operator, transmission engineer).
- Experience running professional video cameras (studio or robotic) required.
- Robotic camera experience preferred.
- A flexible work schedule is required, including early mornings, nights and weekends to meet the 24/7 operational needs
- Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be self-sufficient and have a press-on-regardless attitude.
- Must work well in a collaborative team environment.
- The WGN-TV facility originates WGN-TV/Channel 9 as well as three national networks and a 24-hour cable news operation. This position will require shift work which includes nights, weekends and holidays, along with overtime as situations demand.
- This position is a per diem position which will require membership in IBEW.
- WGN-TV is located seven miles northwest of downtown Chicago just minutes from I-94. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive salary as well as free on-site parking for employees. Do you have what it takes to be on our team? Send us your resume and take your first step towards becoming a part of the WGN-TV crew!
Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested, send cover letter/resume to:
WGN-TV Human Resources Department
2501 W. Bradley Place
Chicago, IL 60618
Apply On-line: Please go to http://www.tribunemedia.com, go to Careers, then job listings and search for keywords “Per Diem Transmission Control/Robotic Camera Engineer”.