HAWKS TICKET CONTEST
OFFICIAL WGN-TV RULES
1. TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. To enter, download the WGN NEWS app for free to your Apple or Android device from the app store or wgntv.com. Once installed, open the WGN NEWS application and click on the HAWKS CONTEST tab at the top of the home page. Fill out the entry form with your name, e-mail address and phone. All requested information must be provided or the entry will be disqualified. Limit one entry per person. Duplicate entries will be voided.
Entries become the property of WGN-TV. WGN-TV is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, downloading, technical or wireless difficulties or inability to transmit entries.
2. ENTRY DEADLINE: Sweepstakes runs from September 30, 2016 at 2pm CDT until 12pm CDT on October 10, 2016.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER: After the promotion ends on October 10, one entry will be drawn randomly from all entries and be deemed the Grand Prize Winner, subject to eligibility verification. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by e-mail or phone. If the Winner does not come forward or cannot be found within 48 hours of e-mail notification or is otherwise found to be ineligible, then another Winner shall be chosen in a second random drawing from all remaining eligible entries from that day. Entrants agree that WGN-TV has the sole right to determine the winner of the contest and all matters or disputes arising from the contest and that its determination is final and binding. Only one winner will be awarded per household.
4. THE PRIZE:
The Grand Prize Winner will receive two (2) 100-level seats to the opening night of the Chicago Blackhawks vs. the St. Louis Blues on October 12, 2016 at 7 PM . (ARV: $245). Winner must sign a release form to receive the prize. The prize will be forfeited if the winner fails to claim prize by deadline, fails to execute the prepared forms of release and waiver, or if the selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules. Prizes are not assignable or transferable. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner, who will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting the actual value of the prize if the prize value exceeds $600. Winner will be able to receive the Grand Prize through email courtesy of the Chicago Blackhawks organization.
By entering, entrants agree that WGN-TV will not be liable for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from the acceptance, possession, and use of prize. Winner and guest are subject to all conditions printed on game tickets.
5. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
a. This sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of WGN-TV, Chicago Blackhawks, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies, and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter or win.
b. Entrants must be legal residents of Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, LaSalle, Lake, McHenry and Will counties in Illinois, and Jasper, LaPorte, Lake, Newton and Porter Counties in Indiana who are age 18 or older at the time of entry. Winner may be required to show government-issued photo identification and proof of age in order to claim the prize.
c. Anyone who has won a prize from WGN-TV since April 10, 2016 is ineligible to enter or win and will be disqualified.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
a. Use of winner’s name: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to WGN-TV, its agents and licensees, to use the entrant’s name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material for promotional purposes in connection with the sweepstakes, if he/she is selected as the winner.
b. Release: By entering, each entrant agrees that if selected as the winner, he/she will sign a release and waiver of liability. The prize will be forfeited and awarded to another entrant if the winner does not execute the prepared form of release and waiver, or if the selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules.
c. Release of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release WGN-TV, its parent and affiliated companies and their officers, directors, agents and employees, from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from their participation in the sweepstakes, their receipt or use of the prize, and any related travel or activity.
d. Prize Substitutions: No substitute prize is available. If the prize becomes unavailable for any reason, WGN-TV reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value.
7. INTERNET/FORCE MAJEURE: If for any reason, this sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the contest, WGN-TV reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the sweepstakes or any portion of it. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Information submitted in sweepstakes entries, including entrant’s name, address, e-mail address, etc, may be used by WGN-TV for marketing or promotional purposes. Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Illinois law, excluding choice of law provisions.
9. COPY OF RULES: A copy of the rules is available at WGNtv.com/contests or by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: WGN-TV “Cubs Giveaway” Rules, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618 by November 10, 2016.
10. WINNER LIST: Can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to WGN-TV “Cubs Giveaway” Winner List, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618 after October 10, 2016 and before November 10, 2016.
SPONSOR: WGN-TV, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, Illinois 60618.
Chicago Blackhawks Organization, United Center, 1901 W. Madison St. Chicago, IL 60612