Cubs Game 3 Notes For Monday @ San Francisco
* Chicago leads this series 2-0 after a 5-2 win at home in Game 2. This is the fourth time the Cubs have ever led a playoff series 2-0 (1907 World Series, 1908 World Series and 1984 NLCS). Chicago won those two World Series, but lost the NLCS to the Padres in 1984.
* Since Bruce Bochy took over as manager, the Giants are 9-0 in games when facing elimination including rallying from a 2-0 series deficit in the 2012 NLDS against the Reds. That series win against the Reds is one of just two times in franchise history the Giants have come back from a 2-0 deficit (the other was the 1921 World Series).
* In relief of Kyle Hendricks, Travis Wood homered for the Cubs in Game 2. He was just the second relief pitcher in MLB history to homer in a postseason game following Rosy Ryan of the New York Giants in Game 3 of the 1924 World Series.
* Buster Posey’s 48 career hits are the second most by a Giants player in the postseason all-time (Pablo Sandoval, 53), while he is tied for the franchise lead with 21 career RBI in the playoffs (Barry Bonds also had 21).
* After a complete-game shutout at New York in the Wild Card Game, Madison Bumgarner owns a career 0.50 ERA on the road in the postseason, and the Giants are 6-0 in his starts. However, his home ERA in the playoffs is 3.71 in seven starts, and the Giants are just 4-3 in those games.
* Jake Arrieta made his postseason debut with a complete-game shutout in the Wild Card Game a season ago but allowed eight runs over 10.2 innings in his next two starts combined. In six regular season starts against the Giants, his ERA stands at 1.82, including three wins at AT&T Park.