Cubs Game Notes For Monday vs. Cincinnati
* The Cubs are 10-3 versus Cincinnati this year, outscoring the Reds by 55 runs in those contests (average of 8.1 to 3.8). Chicago has also out-homered the Reds 32-16 in the 13 games.
* The Cubs’ 52-23 (.693) home record is the best in the majors, and would be the franchise’s best in a season since going 56-21 (.727) in 1935.
* After going 64-98 last year, the Reds are 63-86 this season, 31.0 games back of the Cubs in the NL Central. With four more losses, they will have lost 90-plus games in back-to-back seasons for the first time since doing so five straight years from 1930 to 1934.
* Joey Votto went 4-for-4 with a walk in yesterday’s 7-4 win over the Pirates. He’s hitting .412 with a .498 on-base percentage and 1.147 OPS since the All-Star break, all best in the majors (minimum 150 PA).
* Anthony Rizzo is the first Cubs player to post back-to-back 30-HR, 100-RBI seasons since Sammy Sosa had nine straight from 1995 to 2003.
* Jason Hammel is 9-1 with a 1.77 ERA in 13 home starts this year, compared to 5-8 with a 5.33 ERA in 15 road outings. In six starts at Wrigley Field since the All-Star break, Hammel is 6-0 with a 0.69 ERA (3/39.0).