White Sox Game Notes For Monday vs. Detroit
* Detroit is 11-5 against the White Sox this year, and has clinched the season series between the clubs for the seventh consecutive season (2010-16).
* The Tigers have won 10 of their last 13 games, including a three-game sweep of the White Sox last week. Currently 12 games over .500 (74-62), they have matched their high-water mark for the season (also at 61-49 and 73-61).
* The White Sox scored 11-plus runs in road wins over Minnesota Friday (11-4) and Sunday (13-11, a season high in runs). They had scored 11 or more just once in their first 133 games this season.
* Jose Abreu hit two home runs and drove in a career-high seven runs yesterday versus the Twins. That’s the most RBI by a White Sox player since Jim Thome had seven versus the Orioles on July 17, 2009.
* While Chris Sale is a combined 11-1 with a 1.51 ERA against AL East and AL West division opponents this year, he is 4-3 with a 4.32 ERA against the AL Central. That includes a 1-2 record with a 3.38 ERA in four starts versus Detroit.
* Justin Verlander’s .206 batting average allowed and 0.99 WHIP are both the second best marks of his career, trailing only his 2011 Cy Young Award season (.192 and 0.92, respectively).