Cubs Game Notes For Tuesday vs. Pittsburgh
* The Chicago Cubs have been the Pittsburgh Pirates’ kryptonite in 2016. The Pirates have put up great numbers this year against all NL Central teams (22-15) but the Cubs (3-10).
* The Cubs’ pitching has been lights out since the All-Star break with a 2.67 ERA, best in baseball.
* The Pirates have been one of the best teams in baseball at getting the bats going early in innings. They rank second in MLB in batting average with no outs (.287) ; the Cubs rank third (.284).
* Anthony Rizzo and Kris Bryant have been one of the top power hitting duos in MLB with a combined OPS of .964, trailing only Ortiz/Betts of Boston (.983).
* After taking home the Rookie of the Year trophy last season, Kris Bryant is now a favorite to win the NL MVP this year. Only three players have ever achieved this feat, Cal Ripken, Jr. (1982-83), Ryan Howard (2005-06), and Dustin Pedroia (2007-08).