White Sox Game Notes For Friday @ Miami
* The White Sox lost 2-1 to the Royals on Thursday for their fourth loss in their past 14 games. Their 4-10 record since July 27 is tied for worst in the American League with the Angels.
* The Marlins lost to the Giants, 1-0, on Wednesday to lose the three-game series at two games to one. It was Miami’s 13th one-run loss and first 1-0 loss on the year.
* These teams are meeting for the first time this season and first time since 2013 when Chicago swept the three-game series. The White Sox hold a 7-5 advantage over the Marlins all-time.
* Chris Rodon did not receive a decision last Saturday, allowing two runs (one earned) over 6.0 innings against the Orioles. Rodon has been off in his past four starts, going 0-2 with a 5.87 ERA since June 30 (4.09 ERA prior to June 30).
* Andrew Cashner’s last start came last Saturday in Colorado when he gave up seven runs over just 5.0 innings, receiving his eighth loss of the season. Since joining the Marlins in July, Cashner is 0-1 with a 6.35 ERA (4.76 ERA this season with San Diego).
* With a single against the Royals on Wednesday, rookie catcher Omar Narvaez extended his career opening hit streak to six games. The streak is the longest hit streak to start a career for the White Sox since Ozzie Guillen (6 games from April 9-18, 1985).