White Sox Game Notes For Friday vs. Baltimore
* The Orioles lost last night despite hitting three home runs. Baltimore has hit three or more home runs 21 times, tied with Toronto for the most in the majors, whereas the White Sox have done so just seven times, second fewest in the AL (Kansas City, five).
* The White Sox beat the Tigers 6-3 yesterday, finishing their road trip on a winning note after losing six of the first seven games of the trip. Chicago is 4-1-1 in its last six home series, with the lone series loss coming to the last-place Braves heading into the All-Star break.
* Pedro Alvarez continued his hot hitting with three hits including a home run in last night’s loss. Alvarez has four home runs in his last four games and is hitting .478 (11/23) over his last six games.
* Adam Eaton leads the majors with 16 outfield assists, just two fewer than the Orioles have as a team. The 5-foot-8 Eaton would be the shortest player to lead MLB in outfield assists since Dick Kokos in 1949 (also 5-foot-8).
* Yovani Gallardo has allowed zero earned runs in two career starts against the White Sox. The last pitcher to allow zero earned runs in his first three career starts against the White Sox was Doc Ayers in 1914.
* Miguel Gonzalez had a 5.17 ERA through the end of June, but he turned things around in July, tossing an MLB-high six quality starts for a 2.50 ERA. Gonzalez became the first White Sox pitcher with at least six quality starts in a month since Gavin Floyd in June 2009 (also six).