Cubs Game Notes For Friday @ Atlanta
* The Cubs and Braves split two games in Chicago April 29-May 1. After dropping its previous eight road games in this series, Chicago has now won its last two.
* The Cubs (41-17) and Braves (17-42) have near mirror images in terms of their records in 2016. Chicago’s 41 wins are its most through 58 games since 1918 (41), while Atlanta’s 17 wins are its fewest through 59 games since 1911 (14). The Braves snapped a six-game skid with its victory over San Diego on Wednesday.
* Kris Bryant hit his 14th home run of the season in Wednesday’s win over the Phillies. The Cubs are 11-2 this season when Bryant has a homer.
* Nick Markakis is batting .474 (9/19) with five RBI against Jason Hammel in his career. That is the third-highest average versus Hammel by an active player (minimum 15 AB).
* Opponents are batting just .159 (7/44) with runners in scoring position against Jason Hammel this season; that is the fifth lowest opponent BA by a pitcher in the NL (minimum 40 BFP w/ RISP).
* Bud Norris is 0-5 with a 4.71 (15/28.2) ERA in his last 15 appearances. Norris, who was moved to the bullpen in late April, will be making his second start since returning to the rotation; he allowed one run on three hits in 5.0 IP versus the Dodgers on June 4.