Teen accidentally inhales pin from prom date’s boutonniere

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WELLESLEY, Mass. — A high school senior ended up in the hospital after prom because she inhaled the pin from her date’s flower.

On the ride to the dance the boutonniere fell off.

Kathleen Garvey put the pin in her mouth and tried to fix the flower.

Her date made her laugh and that’s when she inhaled the pin.

They actually thought it fell on the floor and went to the dance anyway.

She went to the doctor the next day and they found it with an X-ray.

It took 45 minutes to remove and she will be fine.