White Sox Game Notes For Friday @ Baltimore
* Mike Wright is looking to avoid becoming the fourth Orioles pitcher since 1990 and the first since Brian Matusz (13 straight, 2011-12) to allow three or more runs in 11+ straight starts.
* Baltimore’s four stolen bases are tied with the Tigers and Angels for the fewest in the majors this season. This year is only the sixth season in Orioles history (since 1954) that Baltimore has recorded four or fewer steals through the first 21 games of the season, joining 1954 (4 SB), 1959 (4 SB), 1971 (4 SB), 1985 (3 SB) and 2011 (4 SB).
* Joey Rickard is hitting 8-for-21 (.381) with four extra-base hits and four RBI against left-handed pitchers in his young MLB career.
* Carlos Rodon boasts a career 2.82 road ERA while having a 5.01 ERA at home. The 2.19 ERA difference (road better than home) is the fourth largest in the majors since the beginning of the 2015 season (minimum 150 IP).
* Chicago’s 2.55 ERA is its lowest through 23 games since sporting a 2.11 ERA through its first 23 games of the 1967 season.
* Jimmy Rollins is hitting .195 (16-for-82) in his career at Camden Yards. Among active players with at least 75 plate appearances at Camden Yards, only Mike Aviles (.125), Austin Jackson (.167) and Mark Reynolds (.193) have lower averages.