Cubs Game Notes For Friday vs. Colorado
* At 8-1, the Chicago Cubs have their best record through the first nine games of a season since 1969, when they also opened the year winning eight of their first nine contests. Chicago has won three of its last four games against the Colorado Rockies, but all three of those victories were in games decided by a single run.
* The Rockies are coming off back-to-back games in which they have scored 10 or more runs. Colorado is 7-1 all-time versus the Cubs at Wrigley Field when it scores 10+ runs in a game, but it has not done that since an 11-9 victory at Chicago, September 30, 2006.
* Trevor Story has 13 runs batted in and Nolan Arenado 14 so far in 2016. Those 27 combined RBI are the most by any set of teammates.
* Dexter Fowler struggled hitting with runners on base in 2015, batting just .228. But he is off to a fast start in that area so far this season, batting .438 (7/16) with six RBI. Fowler played the first six years of his MLB career with the Rockies.
* Chad Bettis has pitched very well in his last five daytime starts, going 3-1 with a 2.90 (10/31.0) ERA. He has allowed just one home run over this stretch.
* Kyle Hendricks is undefeated in his last three starts, allowing just seven hits and two earned runs while striking out 22 batters over his 18.2 innings of work during this streak.