Blackhawks Game Notes For Tuesday @ Colorado
* The Blackhawks were shut out, 5-0, by the Hurricanes at PNC Arena last Tuesday night, losing for the third time in the last four games overall. Chicago has been blanked four times in its last 22 contests – most of any team in the league since December 15.
* Colorado entered the break by defeating the Kings, 4-3, in Los Angeles last Wednesday night, winning for the fifth time in the last six games with the triumph. The Avs are 15-6-2 (.696) since December 12 – second best in the conference behind the Blackhawks (17-6-0, .739) during that span.
* The Blackhawks have taken two of three from the Avalanche in 2015-16, including a 4-3 overtime win in these clubs’ first meeting of the season at Pepsi Center on December 31. Colorado is 8-4-1 (.654) vs. Chicago overall since the beginning of 2013-14 – best of any team in the conference.
* Patrick Kane finished up the first half with an NHL-high 73 points – the most pre-break points of any Blackhawk since Jeremy Roenick had the same number in 1992-93. Kane has 14 points (5g, 9a) during his current six-game scoring streak vs. the Avs at Pepsi Center.
* Matt Duchene had a goal and a helper last Wednesday night in Los Angeles, giving him four points in his last four skates (1g, 3a), and a team-high 42 points entering the break. Duchene has three markers and four assists during his current four-game point streak vs. Chicago.
* Chicago was 0-for-4 with the man-advantage vs. Carolina last Tuesday night. Dating to December 8, the Blackhawks are 10-0-0 when potting at least one power-play goal – best in the NHL.