Suspect in murder of British actress, 2 sons expected to be extradited

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Police officers search the area around the home of former Eastenders actress Sian Blake on January 6, 2016 in London, England. The former Eastenders actress and her two sons, Zachary (8) and Amon (4), had been missing since 13 December 2015. (Photo by Ben Pruchnie/Getty Images)

ACCRA, Ghana — Authorities in Ghana say they intend to extradite a suspect in the slayings of a British actress and her two young sons in London.

Senior police official Prosper Agblor said Sunday that Ghanaian authorities had received a request to arrest Arthur Simpson-Kent.

Simpson-Kent had disappeared after speaking to detectives on Dec. 16 following the slayings of Sian Blake, 8-year-old Zachary and 4-year-old Amon, who had last been seen three days earlier.

Authorities then believe he made his way to Ghana, where he ultimately was arrested early Saturday by police who said he was armed with a knife.

The 43-year-old Blake had appeared in the long-running soap opera “EastEnders” in 1996-1997.