- The Blackhawks registered a 1-0 overtime victory over the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight at the United Center … Corey Crawford stopped all 32 shots tonight for his 13th career shutout and first of the season …. He is now 4-2-0 this year.
- Chicago outshot Tampa Bay 32-21 and is 4-3-0 when outshooting their opponent this season.
- Jonathan Toews netted the overtime game-winner for his fourth point (1G, 3A) of the year.
- Brent Seabrook notched an assist on the GWG for his fifth point (2G, 3A) through eight contests … He added three shots on goal, two hits and three blocked shots in 23:19 of ice time.
- The Blackhawks won 56 percent (30 of 54) of their faceoffs vs. Tampa Bay, led by Toews (57 percent, 8 of 14), Marcus Kruger (73 percent, 8 of 11) and Artem Anisimov (53 percent, 8 of 15).
- Ryan Garbutt led Chicago with six shots on goal tonight … He also added four hits and now ranks third in the NHL with 30 hits.
- Viktor Svedberg registered a team-high five blocked shots vs. the Lightning and now has 13 blocked shots this year.
- Niklas Hjalmarsson collected four blocked shots tonight and continues to pace the team with 19 blocked shots … He paced the team with 23:22 of ice time tonight.
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.