Cubs Game Notes For Tuesday @ Cincinnati
* The Cubs lead the overall season series between these clubs, 10-6, with the teams splitting their last 10 matchups overall. The Reds have lost four of their six home games against the Cubs this season.
* Cincinnati has been outscored 64-21 during its current nine game losing streak – its longest losing streak since dropping 11 in a row back in June of 1998.
* The Cubs have won each of their last three road games, however, two of those three matchups have been decided by just one run. The Cubs own a record of 67-18 when scoring first this season – the most wins in the majors when doing so.
* Dan Haren, who has just one win in his last seven starts, has allowed 16 home runs since the All-Star break – tied for the second-most allowed in the majors in that span. With a win, Haren would earn his 11th consecutive campaign with at least 10 victories.
* Josh Smith will be making his sixth career start and will be seeking the first victory of his ML career. Smith will be facing the Cubs for the first time.
* Joey Votto, who has reached base in 45 consecutive games, is hitting .545 (12-for-22) with one double, three homers and nine runs during his current six-game hitting streak against the Cubs.