Settlement reached; Riot Fest to continue this weekend as planned

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHICAGO -- The show will go on for Riot Fest this weekend despite a federal lawsuit that was filed to stop the music festival.

The suit had the potential to silence the festival just a few days before it was set to begin.

This is the first year Riot Fest will be held at Douglas Park.

The park is located just across the street Saint Anthony's Hospital.

Last week Saint Anthony's filed a lawsuit seeking a temporary restraining order.  They said that Riot Fest and it's tens of thousands of concertgoers would be too disruptive to the operations of the hospital.

Riot Fest said that wasn't the case.  The main gate was on the other side of the park.

The two sides went back and forth up until today when a compromised seemed to have been reached.

Not everything is being disclosed about the settlement, however.  But it includes a promise that parking will available on 19th Street in front of the hospital, and that traffic flow outside the hospital and sound monitoring inside the hospital will be closely watched.

What wasn't mentioned is if any money is changing hands. St Anthony had asked for a payment of $154,000 dollars from Riot Fest, including more than $50,000 in legal fees.

Both sides regret their previous aggressive statements. St Anthony Hospital acknowledges that Riot Fest was not lying and Riot Fest acknowledges that St Anthony Hospital was not motivated by financial gain.

Riot Fest will begin, as planned, starting Friday.