Cubs Game Notes For Monday vs. Cincinnati
* After going just 28-60 over the previous five seasons against the Reds, the Cubs are 9-4 in the 2015 season series. Six of the last seven meetings have been decided by one run.
* By going 2-14 since August 14, the Reds have fallen to 7-21 for the month overall. It’s Cincinnati’s highest loss total in any calendar month since going 9-21 in May 2007. The Reds haven’t lost 22 times in any month since a 6-22 performance in May 2001.
* The Cubs snapped a four-game losing streak in a memorable way when Jake Arrieta tossed the Cubs’ first no-hitter since Carlos Zambrano in 2008. It was the 14th no-hitter in franchise history as well as the team’s ninth since 1900.
* Michael Lorenzen on Monday is expected to make his first start since getting demoted to the minor leagues in mid-August. Prior to then, Lorenzen had gone 0-6 over seven starts since the beginning of July, when he allowed a .333 batting average while compiling a 9.82 ERA.
* Kyle Hendricks has compiled a 6.75 ERA over two career starts against the Reds in Cincinnati, compared to a mark of 1.50 versus the Reds over two outings at Wrigley Field. Hendricks struck out 11 while walking no one over those two home starts.
* Dexter Fowler had three hits on Sunday to raise his batting average to .293 in August. After batting just .189 in May, Fowler has improved to .240 in June, .275 in July and .293 in August. Fowler’s 29 hits in August are tied for the highest monthly mark of his career.