White Sox Game Notes For Monday @ Los Angeles Anaheim California
* After improving to a season-best 14 games over .500 July 22, the Angels are just 6-17 in their last 23 games after losing three of four to the Royals. Los Angeles has scored three or fewer runs 14 times in that span after a 4-3 loss yesterday at Kansas City.
* The White Sox beat the Cubs, 3-1, yesterday at home by holding their in-city rival to just three hits. It was the fewest hits allowed by the White Sox since the All-Star break and tied for the fewest in 2015 (fifth time).
* Kole Calhoun matched a career high with his 17th home run of the season yesterday. Since the beginning of 2014, his 34 home runs as an outfielder are seventh in the American League.
* Melky Cabrera homered yesterday, his eight on the season. He now has 20 extra-base hits since the All-Star break – second most in MLB behind Nelson Cruz (21).
* Andrew Heaney has allowed two or fewer runs in eight of his nine starts this season, and his 2.53 ERA is the best among rookie pitchers in the AL with at least five games started.
* Carlos Rodon threw seven shutout innings with 11 strikeouts in his last start, a win over the Angels. He became the seventh White Sox rookie since 1914 to throw seven or more shutout innings with at least 10 strikeouts (last: Hector Santiago October 1, 2012 at Cleveland).