White Sox Game Notes For Friday vs. Kansas City
* Since the beginning of 2014, the Royals have gone 15-5 at U.S. Cellular Field against the White Sox – the second-best road record by an American League team against a divisional opponent over that span (Athletics 15-4 vs. Rangers).
* The Royals’ 52-34 record (best in the American League) is the team’s second-best record ever prior to the All-Star break (51-31 in 1976).
* The White Sox, who have won nine of their last 12 games, have hit just two home runs over their last nine games.
* Over his last three road starts against AL Central competition, Chris Young has not allowed a single earned run over 18.1 innings, while allowing a total of just eight hits.
* Jeff Samardzija and Chris Sale are two of just five AL pitchers with at least 100 strikeouts and fewer than 25 walks this season.
* Jose Abreu has successfully reached base in each of his last 19 games against the Royals – the second-longest active streak of any player against Kansas City (Mike Trout 22).