White Sox Game Notes For Monday vs. Toronto
* The White Sox earned the series win against the Orioles over the weekend but could not complete a sweep, losing 9-1 Sunday. Chicago has now won back-to-back series (two-game sweep of St. Louis) for the first time since May 11-17 at Milwaukee and Oakland.
* The Blue Jays avoided a three-game sweep at Detroit with a 10-5 victory yesterday. Toronto has scored 10 or more runs in 15 games this year – easily the most in MLB (second most: Texas with eight).
* Melky Cabrera doubled yesterday and now has seven extra-base hits in his last 12 games after tallying just eight extra-base hits in his first 66 games of 2015.
* Jose Bautista hit his 17th home run of the season yesterday and has 10 homers since the start of June. He is one of just five MLB players with double-digit homers since June 1.
* Chris Sale has struck out at least 10 batters in eight consecutive starts and nine total starts in 2015. His 12.28 strikeouts per nine innings is the highest strikeout rate prior to the All-Star break since 2001 – Randy Johnson (13.70) and Pedro Martinez (13.02).
* Mark Buehrle is facing his former team for the fourth time in his career and returns to Chicago for just the second time (also: August 16, 2014). Buehrle’s 161 career wins with the White Sox are the sixth-most in franchise history.