Cubs Game Notes For Monday vs. St. Louis
* The Cubs beat the Marlins at home yesterday, 2-0, and have allowed two or fewer runs in each of their last six games (five total runs). It is Chicago’s longest such streak since a six-game span in April of 2004.
* The Cardinals earned a series split at home against San Diego with a 3-1 win Sunday. The Padres scored first in the game, so it was St. Louis’ 25th comeback victory of 2015, most in MLB.
* With one more double, Anthony Rizzo will become the second Cubs player with at least 25 doubles, 15 home runs and 10 stolen bases prior to the All-Star break since 1933 (the first year of the All-Star Game). The only other Cubs player to do so was Derrek Lee in 2005 (27 2B, 27 HR, 10 SB).
* Tommy Phan drove in all three of the Cardinals’ runs yesterday against the Padres, the first three RBI of his career. St. Louis has had 22 players record at least one RBI this year after having 25 players with an RBI in all of 2014.
* Jon Lester is winless in his last eight starts despite recording five quality starts within that span. He has received only seven runs of support in those eight starts, including four starts with zero runs of support.
* John Lackey owns a 9-3 (.750) career record against the NL Central, his best career winning percentage against a single division and the fifth-best career record by an active pitcher against the NL Central (minimum 10 decisions).