White Sox Game Notes For Friday @ Tampa
* This is the first meeting between the White Sox and the Rays this season. In 2014, the White Sox took five of the seven contests between the two teams.
* In their last 13 games, the Rays have held the opposition to two or fewer runs eight times. On the season, their 30 games of allowing two runs or fewer ranks second among all MLB teams (St. Louis 33).
* John Danks has allowed five runs or more in three of his last four starts. However, he threw a complete game shutout in the other start.
* Chris Archer has struck out a MLB-high (among pitchers with one IP per team game) 33.4 percent of all batters faced this season. That mark would be the best single-season strikeout percentage among qualifying pitchers since Randy Johnson’s 37.4 in 2001.
* Gordon Beckham is looking to break his 0-for-19 streak, which is two shy of tying his longest career streak of consecutive hitless at-bats back in July of 2014.
* Evan Longoria is a career .150 (3-for-20) hitter against John Danks with no home runs, no walks and seven strikeouts. Longoria is also hitless in his last nine at-bats against him, dating back to 2010.