White Sox Game Notes For Monday @ Milwaukee
* The White Sox have gone 10-2 against the Brewers since the turn of the century. However, these teams haven’t met since 2012 and haven’t played in Milwaukee since 2009.
* By going 2-1 versus Cincinnati this weekend, the White Sox have won four of their last five series that consisted of at least two games. Chicago now seeks its third straight victory, which would match a season high (April 11-14).
* The Brewers are 6-3 over their last nine games, exceeding their win total (5-18) over the first 23 games of the campaign. Milwaukee is averaging 5.33 runs per game during its current spree, compared to an average of 3.09 runs per game previously.
* The last time he faced the Brewers (June 1, 2014), Jeff Samardzija allowed eight runs over 3.0 innings. He remains winless in eight career starts against Milwaukee, going 0-5 with a 4.50 ERA (also 2-1 with a 4.67 ERA in 14 relief appearances). Samardzija is making his first start since serving a suspension for his involvement in the brawl between the White Sox and Royals.
* Wily Peralta snapped a four-game losing streak when he allowed no walks and two earned runs over 8.0 innings against the Dodgers last Wednesday. Peralta improved to 3-10 for his career in the month of May, which still translates to the lowest winning percentage (.231) among active pitchers (minimum 10 starts and 10 decisions).
* Ryan Braun has hit safely in each of his last five games, a season long, while batting 438 (7-for-16). In addition, Braun has scored at least one run in each of his last six games, one shy of his career long (seven games between 10/1/2012 and 4/8/2013, spanning seasons).