Cubs Game Notes For Monday vs. NY Mets
* The Cubs went 5-2 against the Mets in 2014, which represented Chicago’s highest single-season winning percentage (.714) in the series since 2003 (5-1, .833). The Cubs have dropped only one season series against the Mets since 2008 (3-4 in 2010).
* The Mets collected a season-high 14 hits on their way to a 7-4 victory at Philadelphia on Sunday. The Mets have won four of their last five games overall and have moved within a game of .500 (7-8) on the road this season.
* After dropping two of three games at Milwaukee this weekend, the Cubs have lost seven of their last nine and have fallen to .500 (15-15) for the first time since splitting their first four games of the season.
* Daniel Murphy matched a season high with three hits on Sunday. Murphy’s average is now .375 and he’s delivered 15 RBI when batting with one out in an inning, as opposed to .153 with three RBI when batting with none or two outs.
* Although Jacob deGrom is 3-1 with a 1.40 ERA in four home starts this season, he’s lost both road starts while compiling a 6.55 ERA. All four of the home runs that deGrom has allowed have come away from home.
* Jon Lester has surrendered just one earned run while winning both of his starts in May (0.64 ERA). For the season overall, Lester has allowed a .405 average through the first 30 pitches of his outings, compared to .220 thereafter.