Cubs Game Notes For Monday vs. Pittsburgh
* After dropping their first two games against the Cubs season, the Pirates have now won each of their last two meetings with Chicago. Each of the last three matchups between these clubs have been decided by just one run.
* Pittsburgh has won five consecutive road games against the Cubs – its longest active road winning streak against any opponent. The Pirates will be looking to win six consecutive games overall for the first time since a nine-game run back in June of 2013.
* Eight of Chicago’s 17 games this season have been decided by one run – tied with the Pirates, Padres, Giants and Braves for the most one-run games in the majors this season. The Cubs’ five-game home losing streak against the Pirates is their longest active home slide against any foe.
* After losing his first start of the season, Vance Worley has now won each of his last two starts while posting a 1.54 ERA in those games. Worley is 3-0 with a 1.97 ERA in five career starts against the Cubs.
* Jason Hammel is winless (0-3) with a 4.76 ERA in his last three starts against the Pirates after going 4-0 with a 2.70 ERA in his previous four starts against them.
* Neil Walker is hitting .371 during his current nine-game hitting streak – tied for the longest active hitting streak in the majors. Walker has 19 doubles in his career against the Cubs – the most in his career against any opponent.