White Sox Game Notes For Friday @ Detroit
* Detroit went 10-9 against the White Sox in 2014; it was the fifth straight year that the Tigers won this season series.
* The White Sox are batting .300 (15/50) with runners in scoring position, which ranks fourth in the AL and seventh in the majors. They hit .252 with RISP in 2014 (15th, MLB/9th, AL).
* The Tigers are 6-1 (.857) with a 2.47 team ERA in day games this season. The seven day games are second most in the majors (Min – 8), while the six victories rank first. They went 32-29 (.525) in day contests last season.
* Miguel Cabrera is batting .538 on the road, but just .182 (2/11) at Comerica Park so far this season. He hit .320 at home in 2014 (7th, AL).
* Chris Sale has a 2.78 ERA as a starting pitcher since 2012 (his first season being in the rotation after spending two years as a reliever). Entering this weekend, that was the fourth-lowest ERA as a starter during this stretch (minimum 400.0 IP).
* David Price has not allowed an earned run in his last 21.2 innings of work. That is the longest active streak in the majors by a starting pitcher and tied with Aroldis Chapman for the second-longest active streak by any pitcher (Brett Cecil, Tor – 22.1 IP).