Blackhawks Game Notes For Wednesday @ Philadelphia
* The Blackhawks won 3-1 at Carolina on Monday despite not getting a single power-play opportunity. Chicago is 7-1-1 this month, and has only allowed 13 goals in the nine games.
* This will be Philadelphia’s first game since Saturday, when the Flyers lost 5-4 at Edmonton in overtime. It was Philadelphia’s ninth consecutive road loss (0-5-4). This will be the Flyers’ first home game since beating Detroit 7-2 on March 14. Philadelphia is 9-2-3 in its last 14 home games.
* This is the second of two meetings this season between the Blackhawks and Flyers. The Blackhawks won the first meeting in Chicago on October 21, 4-0. This will be just the sixth meeting between Chicago and Philadelphia since they met in the 2010 Stanley Cup Final (Chicago won 4-2).
* Patrick Sharp has three multi-point efforts in his last five skates. Sharp has a +7 plus/minus in his last five games. In 15 career games against Philadelphia (including the 2010 Stanley Cup Final), Sharp has 14 points (6 goals, 8 assists).
* Jonathan Toews (14g, 14a vs. Eastern Conference) is one of only five Western-Conference players with 14+ goals and 14+ assists versus the Eastern Conference this season. The others are Jamie Benn, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Tyler Seguin and Vladimir Tarasenko.
* Claude Giroux had two goals and won 14 of 21 draws on Saturday at Edmonton. It was Giroux’s NHL-leading third game this season with two-plus goals and 14+ faceoffs won.