Blackhawks Game Notes For Monday @ Carolina
* Chicago’s 5-2 victory over the Hurricanes on March 2 was the Blackhawks’ third consecutive win in the series. However, the Hurricanes are 6-0-1-1 since 1998-99 when facing Chicago on home ice.
* The Blackhawks were shut out at Dallas on Saturday, 4-0, breaking a four-game winning streak. It also was Chicago’s first loss in regulation since the beginning of March (6-1-1).
* The Hurricanes have dropped three in a row (0-1-2) and six of their last seven games (1-3-3). Carolina is just one point away from getting eliminated from playoff contention.
* In 40 games against the Hurricanes since 2001-02, Marian Hossa has totaled 24 goals and 27 assists. His average of 1.28 points per game versus Carolina is the highest by any skater over that span (minimum 25 games).
* Among goaltenders who have faced Western Conference opponents at least 10 times this season, Anton Khudoben’s .860 save percentage is the lowest mark in the league. His 1-6-1 record also represents the lowest winning percentage (.188) by any goalie versus the West.
* Jordan Staal ended a five-game scoreless streak, his longest drought of 2014-15, with a third-period assist on Saturday. He also won 12 of 18 faceoffs, raising his success rate to 62.2 percent (130/209) since February 28, the highest in the league over that span (minimum 75 faceoffs).