Bears to stick with Jay Cutler as starter: GM

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHICAGO -- Chicago Bears general manager Ryan Pace said during a press conference Wednesday that Jay Cutler will remain the team's starting quarterback.

"We're moving forward with Jay Cutler as our starting quarterback," Pace said.

Pace and head coach John Fox followed the introduction of new linebacker Pernell McPhee, who was signed by the Bears to a five-year contract Wednesday. McPhee had previously played four seasons with the Baltimore Ravens.

There had been constant speculation as to Cutler's future, particularly after the hiring of a new head coach in Fox and new general manager in Pace.

The team had until Wednesday not committed to Cutler being a starter.

The press conference also followed the team's official trading of wide receiver Brandon Marshall to the New York Jets.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s