CHICAGO --Brace yourself for major construction on the Jane Byrne interchange, especially drivers who use the Eisenhower and the Dan Ryan Expressways.
The Jane Byrne Flyover project will begin Tuesday night, March 10.
The entire project will require several lane and ramp closures until it is finished in Summer 2016.
Starting Tuesday night, the following closures and detours will go into effect:
- The ramp from the inbound Dan Ryan to inbound Congress Parkway will be closed. A detour route will be posted, directing motorists to exit on Roosevelt Road to access Congress Parkway via Jefferson, Harrison and Wells streets. The ramp from the inbound Dan Ryan to the outbound Eisenhower will remain open, but shifted to a temporary roadway.
- The inbound and outbound Stevenson Expressway ramps to the Dan Ryan will be reduced from two lanes to one lane.
- The right lane of the inbound Dan Ryan from the Stevenson to Roosevelt Road will be closed.
- The ramp from Roosevelt Road to I-290/Congress Parkway will be closed. Detour routes will be posted. Motorists will be directed to continue east on Roosevelt Road to connect with Congress Parkway via Jefferson, Harrison and Wells streets. To connect with the outbound Eisenhower, they will be directed to continue west Roosevelt Road and utilize Ashland Avenue and Van Buren Street.
- The ramp from Taylor Street to the inbound Dan Ryan will be closed. A detour will be posted, directing motorists to connect with the inbound Dan Ryan from Taylor Street.