Blackhawks Game Notes For Wednesday @ LA
* The Blackhawks beat the Penguins, 3-2, in a shootout at CONSOL Energy Center in their last game before the break, and enter tonight’s tilts with two straight victories overall. Chicago is 24-3-2 when allowing two or fewer goals in 2014-15 (6-12-0 in all other games).
* Los Angeles dropped a 4-2 decision to the Sharks at SAP Center in its last game before the break – the Kings’ fourth straight and seventh setback in the last eight games overall (1-3-4 record). Including a 2-for-3 performance by the Sharks last Wednesday, Kings’ opponents have clicked on 37.0 percent of their power-play opportunities this month – second highest in the league (Sabres’ opponents – 37.1).
* Chicago won the first meeting of 2014-15 with Los Angeles, 4-1, at Staples Center on November 29. Dating to beginning of last year, the Blackhawks have won four straight regular-season games against the Kings by a combined score of 13-5.
* Including his 10th marker of 2014-15, Marian Hossa had two points in last Wednesday night’s win over the Penguins, garnering first-star accolades for the performance. Hossa (three goals and four assists in last seven games vs. Kings) has recorded 10 or more goals in 15 straight seasons.
* Anze Kopitar had two helpers last Wednesday night, giving him 24 points (5g, 19a) in his last 16 games overall – most of any NHL skater since December 16 (Patrick Kane is second with 22 points during that span). Dating to the beginning of 2013-14, Kopitar has six points (2g, 4a) in his last six regular-season skates vs. Chicago.
* Chicago is 6-1 (.857) in shootouts this season – tied with the Sabres and Islanders for best in the league. Los Angeles is just 1-7 (.125) in shootouts this year (worst in the NHL).