Blackhawks Game Notes For Thursday @ Minnesota
* These clubs will be meeting for the second time this season, with Chicago winning the first contest at the United Center, 5-3. This will be the Blackhawks’ first visit to Minnesota since eliminating them in six games in last year’s conference semi’s.
* Minnesota boasts the best penalty-kill percentage at home in the NHL this season at 91.8, while allowing just five goals with the man advantage on its home ice – tied with the Blackhawks for the fewest in hockey. The Wild own a record of 1-1-4 over their last six home games.
* The Blackhawks have dropped three of their last four road games after winning each of their previous six away from home. Despite the loss, Chicago had a season-high 54 shots on goal against Colorado on Tuesday and is averaging an NHL-leading 35.9 shots on goal overall.
* Jason Zucker had a career-high three points (2g, 1a) against San Jose on Tuesday and has three goals in his last three home contests. Zucker, who is tied for the Wild lead with a career-high 14 goals this season, has one point (an assist) in five career regular-season meetings with Chicago.
* Patrick Kane has four goals and three assists during his current five-game point streak on the road. Kane has at least one point in each of his last five regular-season games against Minnesota (4g, 4a), while lighting the lamp in two straight and four of those five contests.
* Jonathan Toews had one goal and two assists in the first matchup between these clubs this season – his only three-point game of 2014-15. Including the postseason, Toews has just one point (an assist) in his last nine road games against the Wild.