Blackhawks Game Notes For Tuesday vs. Minnesota
* The Wild beat the Coyotes, 4-3, in a shootout at Gila River Arena on Saturday night, and are 5-2-0 in their last seven road tilts overall. Minnesota is 13-2-0 when netting at least three regulation/OT goals this season (3-9-1 in all other games).
* Chicago beat Calgary, 2-1, on Sunday night, recording its sixth straight victory at United Center in the process. The Blackhawks have allowed two or fewer goals 21 times in 2014-15 – most of any team in the league.
* Tonight marks the first of five meetings between these clubs this season. Including a mark of 3-1-1 in 2013-14, the Wild are 6-3-1 in their last 10 regular-season games against the Blackhawks.
* Zach Parise netted one of Minnesota’s markers Saturday night, giving him 11 goals and a team-best 23 points overall on the season. Including Parise, the Wild have three skaters who have lit the lamp at least 11 times in 2014-15 – tied for most of any NHL club.
* Brandon Saad scored the game-winning goal for the Blackhawks on Sunday night, garnering first-star honors in the victory, and giving him seven points (4g, 3a) in the last eight games. Saad has two markers and two assists in his last four regular-season skates against the Wild.
* Minnesota is 8-0-0 when leading after one period in 2014-15 – best of any Western Conference club. The Blackhawks are 10-0-0 when taking a lead into the third period this season (also best in the West).