Baby born in birthing pool dies of Legionnaires ‘disease
The death of a baby is being blamed on the birthing pool that he was born in.
A baby in Texas was only six days old when he was hospitalized with an infection.
He died 19-days later of Legionnaires ‘disease.
Health officials say they believe he was infected by bacteria in the water in the birthing pool.
But the pool was disinfected before investigators could check it.
The baby’s death is the only documented case that links this infection with birthing pool water.